Much like a good web site, an intranet should be accurate and up-to-date. To achieve this, it should be a dynamic, database-driven application, powered by a content management system. Content management software can either be purchased off-the-shelf or delivered by a developer contracted to design your intranet.
The scope of content management software could cover:
- Provision to new authors of a searchable archive of reusable content;
- Allowing business authors to use an environment similar to their favourite word processing application;
- Establishment of workflow rules for content review and approval;
- Version control functionality;
- Ability to attribute metadata properties to content to facilitate the classification, retrieval and exchange of information;
- Site maintenance tools for content archival, suspension and restoration.
If your requirement for the integrated management of documents is more specific than the management of publications libraries, you may consider utilising a third party document management component.
Please also see our complementary information resource, The Document Site
The page Standards Compliant EDRM Solutions was added to your clippings file for future reference. You can access your clippings files using the icon at the top of the screen.
How to use the online consultant
Clicking on the appropriate statement will lead to our advice; further statements may also in turn be provided, offering more specific or detailed advice. Upon occasion an item from the article library may be added to your clippings file (please click on the 'show clippings' icon next to the search box).